~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Monday, December 9, 2019

merry christmas

I had a near disaster with this one. I had gesso'd, done the water colour and thought about adding gold dots on the water colour via gold spray paint through a mask.  Well I over sprayed in my effort to get good coverage and there weren't any petite gold dots, I had a big gold smudge. 

SHIT. How do I fix this???  I gesso'd again in effort to dull down the gold smudge. I water coloured again as the gesso covered the first layer of that. And instead of using gold for the dots as you could still just see a glimmer of gold smudge under the water colour, I used white whipped spackle. That toned down the smudge shadow nicely.

Done. Walk Away. 

PS. something else I learned. That gold title was a cake topper from my local IGA and I used the hot glue gun to adhere it onto the mixed media. Where I ran the bead of hot glue on the back of it, it left a line on the right side of the title. I had melted some of that gold stuff. Darn. 

Its done. Walk. Away.


No comments: