~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Friday, April 25, 2014

anzac 2014

I've been asked by our local RSL Branch to photograph the Dawn Service and Remembrance Day occasions for the last couple of years. What an honor.


I always struggle with my tears with the Dawn Service. I wear my heart on my sleeve and believe in not bottling up emotion, so I usually have a lot of tears fall.  Last year I found especially difficult. I struggled to keep quiet and discreet, and I just had to turn away for a little bit to find some composure.

This year Sean found me up near the front photographing while I was crying. He pulled me down to whisper in my ear 'Don't cry Mum' and gave me the biggest of hugs. Oh man, it was hard to keep quiet then. Dear little man, he has such empathy in his soul, and I hope he never loses that.

A wonderful moment showed in the sky this Anzac morning. Nearly everyone had marched from the Plinth to the RSL when the solar ring formed. It was pointed out to me, and I quickly found a lift back to the Plinth to capture it in all its glory.



They shall grow not old,
As we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them,
Nor the years condemn them.
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning,
We will remember them.
Lest We Forget.



No comments: