~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

teacher award

I had an idea of using sequins in a shaker box as the title of this layout.  I didn't really need to embellish a lot as the award is super bright and busy enough as it is.  I used subtle a water colouring effect for the cardstock after I ran it through the silhouette to cut out the title. Originally I wanted to use clear transparency for the shaker box to really showcase the sequins, but as I didn't have any at the retreat I resorted to using vellum instead. This toned down the sequins which I think ended up being the better option.

To stop the sequins from sticking to the inside edges of foam tape that built up the shaker box,  I lightly dusted the inside them with talcum powder. Worked a treat.

Layout #3 from #e2cmini2014 Trinity Haven



No comments: