~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Monday, February 9, 2015

swim carnival

The school had their swim carnival today and what a perfect weather day for it. Warm sunshine and barely a breath of a breeze. The school had erected heaps of shades around the pool for the kids and parents.

I took the rig I'm using for my Africa trip for a test run today. 7DMKII, 70-200mm L 2.8 IS lens with the Canon EF2x MKIII extender, giving me an effective 640mm zoom lens. And if the parents were wondering why the hell I was lying down on my tummy on the wet pavers at the end of the pool during one of the races.... well this is why.



If you look carefully the surface tension of the water hasn't yet been broken, so Annie is still actually underwater. Pretty cool hey!!!!!

Today was Sean's first experience at the Swim Carnival. Lots of noise, colour and fun. And a fair bit of splashing around. He came away with a first and second for the team events, and came 2nd in his heat for Backstroke (his favorite stroke)



All in all the school and students out did themselves today. It was the best one I've been involved with yet.

No comments: