~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

jerry

Seven years ago I had a number of big stacks from this particular 17 hh horse that totally shattered my confidence and left me with a bone chip off my hip. And shoulder problems. I quit riding that day. 

Today, with the encouragement of Sheree, I threw my leg over Jerry, and got my bum back in the saddle, and it felt awesome. It felt like home. He's older, wiser and a gentleman now with a lot of reschooling from a much better rider than I ever was.

Basically when I was hunting, I had short Dick disease. I was the shortest rider on the tallest horse and never had long enough legs to wrap around his belly. When he started bronco bucking I was so easily spat off and I was riding scared. 

Today I was excited.
Tally Ho.



No comments: