~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Sunday, April 19, 2015

eagles stuff

The United Yeelanna Footy and Netty clubs are sporting new guernseys and uniforms this year.  With a little persuasion I had the kids wearing them out in the paddock this afternoon. Sean wasn't terribly happy facing towards the sun (obviously) but I nailed the shot I was after.



Annie had a fall prior to her game yesterday and she was my first official 'patient' as a Club Sports Trainer. Kinda ironic I thought.

I've decided to do my Level 1 Sports Trainer for a number of reasons. The netballers really needed someone approachable and available and the footy boys can always do with an extra set of hands strapping up players prior to their games. It had got to the point that the netballers were seeing the footy sports trainers to get strapped up which in turn made the footy trainers extra busier than they needed to be. The fact that I strapped up three netty players yesterday reassures me that I am being useful to the club and the players. And that I am approachable and available. :)

One of them even mentioned that my strapping felt as good as the head trainers who she's always gone too. And that was after her game with it on. Whoop. That was a huge confidence boost for me as she's only ever trusted him with her ankles.

The footy trainers have taken me under their wing to gain 'on the ground' knowledge and expertise. They have such a vast wealth of knowledge that I can tap into. And the fact that they each have shaken my hand and welcomed me into the footy trainers room tells me I'm on the right track. I've done the online hours, the face to face assessment and have passed Level 1. Now I'm on track for Level 2. I need 50 hours under my belt (easy with Wednesdays and Saturdays totaled), I'm about to do Spinal Management and Advanced Strapping. I'll need to do Sport Massage and one other course before sitting the Level 2 assessment and face to face.

As I said, I'm on track.

No comments: