~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Friday, November 1, 2013

port pirie gym comp

Posting this belatedly but better than never. Just to get the details right when I go to scrapbook his story later on.

Sean and I left on Sunday of the long weekend to head to Port Pirie for the Gymnastics Invitational Competition. Kym was at Ungarra shooting in our club's annual Birthday 2 day shoot and I dropped Annie off to him there.

We arrived in Pirie in time to take burn up some energy on the incredible Playground. That place is kid heaven and take a quick peek into the stadium where the much older girls were still competing. I wanted Sean not be so over awed the next morning by walking in cold turkey. From there we joined another family from home for tea at the Sportsman Tavern.

Sean and I shared a bed that night and to be honest I didn't sleep well at all. He's such a wriggler and his feet are so cold when they touched my legs, my back, my feet. But at least he slept well.

We arrived in plenty of time to attach the competitor numbers to the leotards, to walk around and for them to start warming up. As the new coaching framework as come into place, I'm not MAG (male artistic gymnast) accredited (I'm a Level 1 WAG) I was not able to take our boys on the floor. So our Cummins boys were very fortunate to be under the stewardship of the Pirie boys coaches. And those men were awesome with them. I've now indicated to our club that I'll train myself up to MAG as well, so this doesn't happen again while I'm involved.

2 of our boys competed at Level 3 and Sean competed as Level 1, so Sean didn't have anyone else from our club with him in his group to go around with. Luckily that didn't seem to faze him at all.

He had six routines to exhibit and be judged on. All scores are out of 10
Floor            -      8.0
Pommel         -     8.3
Rings             -     8.35
Vault             -     7.0
Parallel Bars  -     8.15
High Bar       -      8.8

Overall score of 48.6

Sean won himself a medal for third place for High Bar. (There was a tie for first place).  He was the only gymnast from the 5 boys and girls from our club that won a medal. I'm pretty darn proud of him and for him. Now he sees all those hours of extra training have paid off.












No comments: