~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Friday, October 26, 2012

Australia on Facebook

I posted this photo (with permission from the parent) to the Australia Facebook wall on Monday 22.10.12. Australia is a photography/tourism wall that I've been aspiring to break onto for quite some time.

At last.

On Wednesday 24.10.12 they showcased it as a photo on its own rather than in a group of of other images. In other words Australia gave it top billing for a couple of days.   Yeharrrrrr!


In the first 32 minutes of it being posted it had gone VIRAL!!!!!!!!!   7349 likers, 190 comments and 946 shares. That's massive traffic.

By lunch (SA time) it had 19 751 likers, 456 comments and 2463 shares. Not a bad morning's effort   ;-p

In 13 hours it had jumped to  32 419 likers, 668 comments and 4033 shares.  That's INSANE!!

By Friday evening, things have settled a bit and its at 39 545 likers, 861 comments and 5385 shares.

And I've had increased traffic back to my Tiff Firth Photography wall due to all this exposure. My 'likers' have dramatically increased with many overseas people choosing to 'like' my wall and many images on it.

On the same Wednesday there was a post by Eyre Peninsula Australia's Seafood Frontier (run by the Regional Development Australia and tied to South Australia Tourism Commission) that said, and I quote

"I swear we have some of the most talented local photographers in Australia here on the Eyre Peninsula helping us to see our region with new eyes! Thanks to our regular contributors Robert Lang PhotographyJohn White PhotosTiff Firth Photography and all those sharing photos of Eyre Peninsula Australia's Seafood Frontier across the world. If you haven't checked out their work you're missing out!"

It's all very flattering, but really its so unfathomable I can't/don't believe it. After all, nothing has changed for me. I still shoot what I want, where I want. I'm not beholden to anyone or any contracts. I do have a few projects on the go, and they are by my choice.

I'm loving riding this wave and have no idea where I'll end up with it, but whooo hooooo, it sure feels good.

2 comments:

Janice Nicholls said...

Huge Congrats Tiff.... that's awesome. Well deserved. Keep riding that wave. :) x

Tania said...

Love it Tiff, thats awesome... remember my last comment so long ago... told you back then how talented you were, and now with some mentoring from other great photographers.. you hold your own very very well!! I love your work and I love your work ethic.. keep it that way and you will always love what you do