~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Friday, August 13, 2010

the bee's knees

We had such lovely light this arvo for taking photos. So while Kym and Sean played with trucks and planes (spreading fertilizer by plane) I into it.

I should have worn knee pads to save me getting green knees, but my first serious Macro attempt was so worth it. This will be my bench mark to see where I can better myself.

***Edited to add***....I've been playing around with the original image and I like this one better. I'm getting bloody fussy these days!!



I also want to give a BIG shout out to Laura (one of the girls I've been shooting with) who has just won the Centre State Photo comp with her very worthy image of the Kapinnie Lakes. Wahu to girl. So deserved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Maryanne Ridgway said...

looking very good tiff!!
And awesome news about laura!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiff, these macro bee shots are FANTASTIC!! I knew you'd get the bug (no pun intended!)
What a fab lens. Must put that one on my shopping list (for future purchases, LOL) Laura x

PS thank you for the wahu!

On my way... said...

This is amazing!! I'd so love to be able to get shots like this, I love seeing the little details we miss when thins are so tiny.

Thanks soooooo much for your gorgeous comment on my blog, made my day, I admire your work so much, scrapping as well as photogaphy :)

xx

SueP said...

I love this bee shot!! very nice...oooh a macro would be sooo much fun with little creatures like this!

sandra said...

gorgeous photo Tiff!
And congrats Laura!


ps....you mind your knees now!!
I don't want to get a S.O.S. message on my phone and find you floundering and stuck in amongst the soursobs..not being able to get up coz your knees packed it in again!!!
hehe Ohhhh the visual!!!