~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Competition Day

Hunting with a twist today. Competition Day is the only day when you actually hunt as a comp. I got there a bit late and with Jerry's antics the last few weeks, I thought I'd try out something a bit different.

There were a lot of good size hills where we were today so I rode him hard for an hour on some hill training. Trotting, cantering, no walking up hills and down dales.
He was stuffed and lathered. That was the general idea.

Competed on the last few events and he didn't put a foot wrong. Too buggered to want to buck.
Yehaa.
So that means next week I'll get to the hunt early and puff him out before we start. He will get so bloody fit by doing this (hopefully me too). Luckily there is only 2 hunts left because all this means extra work on my behalf.

see how we go next week.

No comments: