~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Sunday, December 14, 2008

goals

Do u set goals for yourself and then try to make them a reality.

I do.

I find it extremely self fulfilling to achieve one. In fact it gives me great satisfaction to say to myself 'if I want it bad enough, and I work hard enough, I'll get it'

Well I achieved a goal on Thursday. I had a bet with myself that by the end of 2008 that I would have a LO accepted by all 4 Aussie scrapbooking mags.

Whoo Hoooo. I did it. With only 16 days to spare.

I dont produce LOs to suit sub calls. Hell no. I scrap for me. If they like it - great. If they dont - so what, its for me in the first place.

I had to turn down an acceptance a little while ago by CK as I was lucky enough to have it picked up by SC.

I dont mean to sound as if I'm gloating, not at all. If you know me in irl that is so not me, but hell I am enjoying the ride atm.

So I need to set myself a new goal. Of this I am not at all sure. I dont scrap well under pressure. It seems to sap my creativity. So I am not sure which path to take next.

Any suggestions??

3 comments:

sandra said...

hmmmm....*insert thinking music*
get back to ya

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tiff this is a fantastic achievement and your layouts are so worthy of being published. Im sure we will see lots more next year. Might have to set myself a goal for next year to get one published!!!!

Maryanne Ridgway said...

mmmm....not sure tiff, maybe to take on the us mags....if that interests you....not sure if it would be worth it.re.postage costs etc, but you could check it out.or maybe set a number to get published for the year.
not sure.