~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Thursday, November 12, 2009

it's official.

Today it officially reached 40.9 degrees according to BOM. That officially made it the hottest day this week. I'm sure it was much hotter the further north you went. I was in Lincoln this morning and it was just lovely down there, but it sure smacked me in the face when I got out of the car back home just after lunch. And then it got hotter still.

Very fortunately, the local pool was able to open this afternoon. Due to one thing and another, it hasn't been able to open until now. So of course we made our way into town for a dip. Our community is very blessed to have a fantastic pool and surrounds for our enjoyment. The lawns are manicured and the water is just so clean and inviting. So I'm very thankful that we have this wonderful resource only 10 mins from home.

That has made us in the water 3 times in the last 4 days. I reckon the kids and I will develop scales and gills next. But it has been sooooo nice to cool off without any dramas.

No comments: