~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Monday, November 22, 2010

year 12 grad shoot

THE 2010 GRAD PHOTOGRAPHY SHOOT

I am so very relived that the weather was kind last Friday, as its been fairly crappy for photography during the day ever since.

Laura and I have had a number of team meetings, a trip to the Port Lincoln Hotel to scope out the pool deck,  planning for A, B and C sites in case of inclement weather, and of course to have an idea of how we would capture the Grad's photos. I was to shoot the images of the students, their family and partners. Laura caught all the accessory shots, and close up details.

The not knowing of the weather really chewed me up in the days leading up to the marathon shoot. I wasn't sleeping very well at all, I was talking A LOT in my sleep and I was checking out the Elders weather site often. So with a hugest sigh of relief that day was perfect. The location was perfect. The ladies looked their glamorous best and the gentlemen were very suave.

After starting the day at 12.40 and finishing at 7pm, Laura and I were stuffed. The schedule called for a student and their family to be on site every 20mins. We were flat out and we kept it all on time. I was thrilled with that we finished at exactly on time before moving to the Boardwalk.

With all the individual shots done, the Grads met at the Boardwalk under the Morton Bay Figs in front of the Lincoln Hotel for the group shots. The formal ones were completed and we all kicked off the shoes and headed onto the beach.

This is one of those beach shots that I am comfortable in popping here as it doesn't show any faces.



Between Laura and I we've been processing flat out since then. I have a 2010 Year 12 Grad album on my Tiff Firth Photography wall on Facebook. As I obtain the permission from each Grad I'll pop an image of them into that album, so it will be growing over the next few days.

I would really like to say the hugest thanks to Laura for jumping into this assignment with me as there is no way I would have done it without her help. And we made a GREAT team!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

janice said...

LOve this shot Tiff. Looking forward to seeing all the others.