~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

arachnoid

If you don't do spiders, don't scroll down
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.





This one was near death at my back door and that is the only reason why I got this close to it for this shot.
:O).   I don't 'do' spiders either but they are fascinating subjects to photograph.

After it 'passed on' (I was moving it around with a pen to make sure) the kids had a great close look at it under magnifying glass. They were mesmerised.

During the holidays they had the chance to handle a pet python (it still creeped me out) and I was pretty proud at how confident Sean got with it, holding it's body in his hands. They also cuddled a wombat, goooed all over a baby koala, but the snake really had both of their attention. Of course I spelled out very very clearly that this is NOT what we do with the snakes we see at home. I shoot those ones.

Wilderness Wanders care for orphaned natives and Amanda from their has very kindly offered wall space to hang the framed print of 'The Promise' to sell for me.


 How awesome is that. So while we were there, the kids had an experience with the native babies.


No comments: