~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Monday, September 5, 2011

arno bay - saturday

Friday evening saw a bit of wine consumption with Jo, Denise and myself and I've cemented another couple of friendships forever.

The wind blew up during Friday night. So much so that the plastic outdoor chairs moved across the deck of the cabin where Denise and I were staying.

I was quite revved up due to the images I had on my camera of the sunset that evening. And with the bit of coughing that I'm working my way thru, I hardly slept a wink. Literally. I got up about midnight and worked on the laptop for a while. I hit the hay about 3am and still didn't sleep till about 4am. Damn bloody coughing.

Denise and I were up and at it by 5am. Unbeknown to me, I mis read the time for sunrise. ***insert a lot of eye rolls*** SunSET was 6.06, not sunRISE. lol.

So while Denise and I waited in the car at Red Banks for the sunrise, we spent about an hour chatting away about stuff in the dark. Luckily she found it all hilarious!!  oh dear.

Red Banks in the pre dawn light is a delight 




and it's just breathtaking in the light of the new day.






 So worth the effort. It was still windy as ever and I had the tripod anchored down with a bag of rocks and I did not dare step away from it. My hand was hovering near it the whole time just in case.

When we finished at Red Banks we went back to town with the intent to have breakfast, shower and get organised. But we saw a potential storm front coming in with strong lines in the clouds. We roared down to the Mangrove Boardwalk and captured this.




I decided to skip breakfast and had an hour Nana nap so I could make it thru the day. Margaret arrived, settled into the cabin and we had breakfast with her.

Morning tea, meet and greet was at 10.30 (I think) and I was surprised how many photographers were there. I'm thinking there would have been somewhere around 40 people, all keen to know more about the art of photography. And from all levels of talent and determination. And it was great to see many helping others out as we went along.

Tim Newbery  (scroll down to the 3rd person) lectured and inspired us. What a down to earth bloke with buckets and buckets of knowledge.  I've re learnt a fundamental rule that I had totally arse about face, much to my embarrassment.  So just that one thing and the pictures that I've taken over the weekend made the trip  so worth it. And I now have another couple of people in my book I can call upon for help or knowledge. That  in itself is gold!!

A few of us headed out to the end of the jetty in the hopes of a sunset. I must admit it didn't look like much was going to happen, and then, oh my goodness, this happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was gone in less than 5 minutes





We all had a social tea at the Arno Pub and I hit the wall about 9.30pm. Not even a raspberry could revive me. I headed back to the cabin and got all excited by the photos again. I think I eventually hit the bed about 1am.

LOL. I just can't help myself. I'm a night owl.

:O)

2 comments:

Alanna said...

Ooooh!! Love them all, but especially the 1st, 3rd and last! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. You've brightened my day once again!

Anonymous said...

I'm a night owl too! I function better at night lol. <3 These photos are just lovely.

XoXo, Bree
http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee