~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Thursday, January 9, 2014

tumby 2014 - day 8

While the kids were at Mission I visited a dear friend who's going through a really shit patch at the moment. It was good to spend some time with her, help seriously chop back a plant for it to removed and just talked. I haven't wanted to be in her face in the last few weeks but did quietly let her know that I'm always there for her.

After picking up the kids from Family Mission we had lunch with Christina and Claudia at the Ritz. What a view to behold while lunching.




Lunch was followed by kayaking. While taking the kayaks down to the beach I had an altercation with a rock. I came off second best. :-/


We paddled from the sandbar into the channel and round the Marina, before dropping the kids off at the boat ramp. They had had enough paddling and were starting to complain a bit.

Christina and I made our way back to the sandbar when I discovered I had locked the ute but had no keys. Oh no. Where were they??  I had a vague recollection of tossing them on the towels that I was going to pop over the kids legs in the kayaks so they didn't get sunburnt. I recall grabbing the towels and tossing them into one of the kayaks that I carried down when I had my stumble. I put the towels over the kids legs while out in the water next to the sandbar. So the keys could be in the rocks, on the sand or in the water.

With 4 of us looking and a wonderful bloke from one of the shacks coming over the sandbar as he could see we were looking for something, the keys were declared lost. The tide was rising and the sandbar was going under in the water. Thankfully I had a spare key in my handbag back at the apartment and Kym has one as well, so I wasn't too stressed. But in reflection I realized that I had not the faintest clue what the other keys were for.

I hope to go back to the sand bar tomorrow on low tide to have another look. You just never know.

The evening was Family Mission's 'family concert' where all the parents etc come to see the production the kids put on. Annie was narrator for her group.

By the time we were back from that the kids were absolutely puffed so it didn't take much to get them to bed.

I had a head's up from a very awesome starman that there was good to great chance of aurora tonight. So as soon as the kids were in bed, I was out on the jetty shooting the blue hour and waiting to see if the aurora would pop up on my sensor. After a while I starting playing around with the fisheye to bend the lines to get some awesome effects. I haven't worked those shots yet, but I'm seriously excited by them. Alas no aurora, and by midnight I was starting to fade, so it was off of to bed for me.

1 comment:

SueP said...

Have fun in Tumby....weather is going to be a pearler in the new few days!! enjoy!!