~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Thursday, January 15, 2009

thursday

We had a Lincoln day today.
Kym left very early to be on Patrol on the Cummins CFS 24 fire truck down in Lincoln.

I had his vehicle in for a service in Lincoln so I went out to the fire ground while Kym was there for the kids to give him a bag of Allens snakes. (Any excuse will do).


By cripes the fire could have been a LOT worse. Most of the homes in the area have had their gardens burnt right up to the front doors. I am amazed there were only 3 homes lost.

I was talking to a mate of mine who was there in the thick of it on Tuesday as a CFS volunteer. He has some amazing stories.

I am hassles with my laptop and Photoshop atm so the photos arent as I would like them but you get the idea.

This is one from yesterday that i snapped while the kids had some fun at the playground. The pelican was very wobbly in the breeze standing on the light pole. He was being the sentry for the beach, checking out who was chucking out fish heads.



I hope I'll be able to post some pics for my previous posts after this one is done.

fingers crossed.

No comments: