~ LIVING LIFE, NOT JUST SURVIVING IT ~
••• tiff firth photography •••

Sunday, January 17, 2010

holi (day) 15 - sunday

Such as it was. After a bit of a sleep in, bacon and egg breakfast in bed (doesn't get any better than that), we packed the last of our things into our vehicles (gotta love canopies!!!!!!!!!!!)


(still getting a handle on the new camera *wink*)
 at 10am and bid our cabin and Tumby Bay farewell.



Isn't it amazing that when you see something all the time, you don't really see it anymore. So when you've been away you can come back and see things with fresh eyes. (A bit like scrapping when you leave it on the table, walk away and come back to the project later).

That's how it felt when we came back home. All the little things that make our house a home. The warm fuzzy feeling coming up the driveway, familiar objects in the rooms and funnily enough, for me it was the timber floor in my office/scrap room. Of all things!??! I wonder if its because I spend a lot of time in there with farm business as well as my scrap time and processing photo shoots.

And I also noticed the state of the floors. Ugh! I'm not a house proud person and I certainly don't clean the house top to bottom when I know there are visitors coming. shit no. What you see is what you get. So on the odd occasion when the cleaning bug hits me, look out and for goodness sake, don't stand in my way. You would be likely to be knocked over by my elbow, broom or mop. This 'bug' doesn't hit that often, but when it does, I don't stop until it is done. Kym (bless his socks) took the kids to town to deliver the boat back to its rightful owners to give me space to go for it. And now it looks so much better.

Everything is unpacked, washed and will dry tomorrow. A very satisfying day.

.... but I would still rather be over in Tumby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: